Electronic form help
- The date is the local double-date of the night you were out. Do not worry about UT dates.
- The geographical coordinates are longitude/latitude. Note that some internet services work with latitude/longitude.
- Pleasereport short observing periods for the maximum night. Period lengths of15 minutes or less are recommended. The electronic form offers 10periods by default. There is a link to customize the form. But Irecommend to split your observation into smaller individualobservations. Input may be spoiled by internet connection or othertechnical problems, and the loss is smaller then.
- The field ofview is in degrees both in RA and Dec. If you wish to convert RA = 13hinto degrees, multiply it by 15, RA = 195 deg.
- Teff is the effective observing time in decimal hours. If an observing period lasted from 0219-0230, it is 11 min = 0.183 h.
- Fis the field obstruction correction. If clouds disturbed 10% of yourfield (not of the sky) during one period, the fraction of field coveredis 10% / 100% = 0.1. Then F = 1/(1-0.1) = 1.11. Other examples are: 20%-> 1.25, 30% -> 1.43, 40% -> 1.67, 50% -> 2.00. Just usethese numbers if you feel usure about the maths.
- Lm is thestellar limiting magnitude. It is the magnitude of the faintest starsvisible to the naked eye; it's observer-specific. If you facetransparent clouds, do not report both a cloud cover and a reducedlimiting magnitude. An Lm reduction is usually sufficient.
- Magnitudedistributions of the Quadrantids should be given for a maximum of twocombined periods. Please also give the magnitude distributions of theother showers (ANT and COM) and the sporadic meteors. One distributionper night is sufficient. You may need to increase the number ofmagnitude distributions shown in the form by the 'customize' link atthe top. Do that before entering any data.
- The ecliptical source ANT (Antihelion source) does not show a radiant position at the moment. Do not worry about this.
- If you notice an error in the data you submitted, please send a message to [email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org]email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] and do not submit the observation again.